close
close

Aldborough fire – resident taken to hospital

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said they were called at 10.40pm on Monday evening (May 13) after reports of a fire in Aldborough.

A spokesperson for the service said: “Crews from Knaresborough and Harrogate responded to a report of a fire at a residential property.

“The fire was caused by a halogen heater which was accidentally switched on when it was too close to the curtains.

“When the firefighters arrived, the occupant had put out the fire using a fire extinguisher and water from a kettle.

“Crews removed curtains from the property and mitigated and removed accumulated smoke from the property using a PPV fan.

“Crews administered oxygen therapy to an occupant suffering from smoke inhalation. The occupant was transported to hospital by road ambulance for a preventive check-up.